Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The girls are walking- watch out world!


The title sums up my life right now. Evelyn has been teetering around on her wobbly legs for a couple of weeks now. In fact she hardly crawls anymore, to the chagrin of her mom. MyraJean does walk but is still faster crawling so it will be a week or so before she really takes off too. They are such a ham. I was at my moms house last Saturday and I looked out the window to check on the kids in the backyard. Evelyn was crawling up the steps to the kiddy slide and sliding down by herself! What happened to my babies? MyraJean was quick to copy and my family had a ball sitting out in my Moms backyard relaxing while the kids played and ate. It was so nice.
Liam is improving his words all the time. I just wish I understood everything that he was trying to tell me. He is quite the motor mouth just like his mom, and finds joy in everything around him. His new activities are to play at the park, talk on his black phone, go to Mimi's house, and play with Liam, Abby, Anna, or Tasha. I think Tasha is the new girl on his mind since she is almost the same age as him, and quite the playmate. I love to see him have fun with his friends, he just sparkles.
He is also the helper. Last Sunday, we didn't go to Church, all the kiddos were sick last week. So Clif and I decided to make borscht, for dinner. It was a real treat to have Clif cook, he does such a wonderful job. I needed Liam to help though, and he helped chop the veggies in the food processer. Here is he with beets. Yes there is terror on my face. I was cleaning beets of the floor







and off the counters for days. But he had a ball with the family. Talk about good family home evenings. Then we were off to pick black berries. Liam and I picked enough for a while but I need to get some more so that I can freeze them to use until next year. Liam loves to pick berries, I think he just likes the special attention.
He is a big helper around with the girls too. He tries to keep them entertained in the car by singing songs like Twinkle Twinkle little star. I love to hear his little voice, he just brings out joy in everyone. He is also the second Mom, he is constantly telling the girls "Get out" of my room for me and making sure that they are not pushing any buttons on the TV. They on the other hand are becoming the little sisters and are indignant when he tells them what to do.
Clif is liking his job more and more at PB World. He was able to submit a design layout for a project that he was working on and it got approved. I feel so blessed to have such a smart and hard working husband. Plus he is really buff, not only has he been working out but he has been able to work on my parents backyard. I love being married to an Idaho cowboy. Phew. He is also teaching in Church and seems to really get a lot out of it. Plus, he doesn't have to watch his babies when he teaches, lucky bum.
I am doing well too. I am teaching in Relief Society now as well and LOVE it!! I am working on my budgeting skills and am so enjoying my place in the house. I have grown to love being a stay at home mom and to see my babies progress. The Lord has definitly blessed this family the last year. That is all for now, stay tuned for more pictures and stories.

4 comments:

Cyn said...

It's so great to see an update. Did your sister mention that I check in on it regularly? It's great to hear both girls are walking now, it must be time for another baby :)

Ketchesons said...

Walking??
seriously you are one brave girl!

kelly said...

hi bree!
i bloghopped from melissa's blog to yours.
congrats on those walkin' girls.
they are too cute!
great lesson last week.
and rob says clif is a great teacher too.

Gerritt and Melissa said...

Ummm thanks again for the borscht! It was so yummy!