Friday, October 10, 2008

Disaster comes in small packages


After the catastrophe of Evelyn's split head, I was amazed to find her on TOP of the large coffee table in our living room, the next day. So I said, nicely I might add, "Evelyn, that is going to cause you another split head, we DO NOT do that!" I then picked her up and plopped her down on the floor. She just looked at me and laughed. I continued to go down stairs to do laundry and returned about 5 minutes later to find her perched on top of the table again. I did the whole lecture and kid plopping routine again and went to work on dinner. This time I kept and eye on her because the table was really tall and she didn't seem to be big enough to climb on top of it by herself. She soon revealed her tactics. She climbed onto the futon and pulled off one of the large area pillows off onto the floor and nudged it to the table. Then she climbed onto the pillow and then the table from there. Finally she worked herself into standing position on top of a huge glass and wrought iron coffee table.
I plucked her off the table, picked up the pillows and put them on my bed. She was definitely not big enough to get them off the bed and so I was pleased with myself. I went back to making dinner and then had to go down stairs to finish the laundry. I came back upstairs to find her on top of the table again. I don't know if she somehow grabbed an edge of pillow and pulled it off herself or coerced her brother into helping her but the pillow was next to the table again. I gathered her and the pillow, put the pillow in my room and shut the door, and told her "We are not going to walk on the table".

The little pill then pulled the classic fit. She started to yell at me and then laid prostrate in front of the door. Every few seconds she would look at me and scream some more and cry when I didn't give into her tantrum. Need I remind you she isn't 2 yet? Oh my heavens, she has some personality, cute kiddo though. I can't wait to see what she gets into next time.

She has now got all of her siblings included in the madness....

6 comments:

Ketchesons said...

Brace yourself woman,this is nothing!! Wait until she's fifteen!!!!
I'm not much help, am I?

Emily K. said...

Really really cute kids. How in the world do you handle twins? And, you have another on the way? You are Superwoman, that's all I can say. I am headed to Childrens on Tuesday, but I'll give you a call to see nap times, etc. You can check out my blog at thekleinfam.blogspot.com. I also have a link to Bethany and Sarah's blogs. Remember they were my roommates from our first year at Ricks? So good to keep in touch now. Hope to see you soon!

Mighty Mighty Rudds said...

Hey! i am surprised to hear from you! I have "run" into so many people through this blog thing. email me and tell me what is up with your life---twins and we can reminisce about life at Ricks! family.rudd@gmail.com

Marci said...

I love hearing your stories! Thanks for sharing. Miss you guys! Take care!

Fromagette said...

It's their smiles that worry me the most. They so enjoy being naughty! :)

Rebekah said...

She's just like her mom!