Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween and other funny stories

My kids went with my Sister, Mom, and her two kiddos to downtown for the Trick or Treat. The best part is that the city blocks are roped off so that the kids and parents can walk around the city center and the businesses really get into it by decorating and handing out candy.
My sister got so many complements (I don't know if she realized it) on her kids costumes. Her daughter was a peacock and her son was a shark. They really were so cute. I was amazed how many people stopped and commented on their costumes.
Liam and the girls, he has to share with them, got so much candy that I took some really great advice and put it away for Christmas. I can't believe how much junk they got. One really nice gentleman gave Liam a Giant Hershey bar- to a 3 year old! Like Liam is going to eat it, he would bounce for a week.
Clif took Liam by himself to Trick or Treat on our street. Clif came home chuckling. Liam saw a Jack-o-Lantern and said "OH WOW" then later he said "Spooky, spooky, spooky". This is quite the breakthrough since he is a very late talker and so it has been really fun to hear him put his own thoughts into verbal words.
Other funny stories.
Liam was told the other night that he had to put his toys away in his room. Usually he does this very well but he has been a little ornery about it. So, I told him that he could do it by himself, he got them out, he could put them back. Clif and I were trying to put the girls to bed and clean up the other part of the house.
Every time I came to check on him, he was playing in his room and not putting his toys in his toy chest. So I sat next to him and started to help him do it. The only problem was that both Clif and I told him that he had to do it by himself or he couldn't sit on the couch and watch a little TV with his Dad. So by the time that he told me multiple times that he was "So tired", I told him that all he had to do was put his toys away and go to bed.
By this time, Clif came in to help and Liam told him that he wanted to sit on the couch with him. Clif backed me up and told him no, he didn't put his toys away by himself. Liam threw a fit, he cried and bawled and howled. He then told Clif that he would do it himself and tried to pull his toys out of the toy box so that he could but them away by himself. Clif had such a time explaining that he couldn't do that. It was quite the sad story.
MyraJean is talking- sort of (not really). Her first word is Yuck. If you ask her what that is on her hands (regardless of what it is) she says "Uck". I have taken that to mean yuck. It is pretty funny.
Evelyn is so lovable. She walks up to everyone and gives them hugs. She especially loves her brother and tries to hug him no matter what. She is still a bear, and pushes her sister around. She takes toys and then runs away giggling so now I have 3 kids that run circles around my house.
Liam is doing well in speech therapy. He loves it and tells everyone how "cool" his school is. I have seen marked improvement in his speech. He is still pretty unclear but his vocab and sentence structure is amazing. He told Clif and I that he couldn't eat nursery snacks because he didn't eat his breakfast all gone. It may not be amazing to anyone else but it is to Clif and I, it has been a long time coming.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

yeah for talking! Your kids are cute!

Mindy said...

love the changes to the blog!