Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The crack of dawn

Liam woke the girls up with a bang this morning, at 6 am no less. I got a start when I thought we were having an earthquake and all the toys were falling off the shelves- we live in WA not CA, right? Liam decided since I told him it was too early to be up that he would find a playmate and so he went into his sister's room, turned the light on, and preceded to play with all thier toys. UGH. I realize that he gets his early morningness from me but honestly, I about lost it. To say the least, everyone was a bit upset this morning.

He also told me that he didn't want to go to speech therapy, he already had homework. Don't you think he is a bit early to try the, "I don't want to go to school" routine? I wonder what he will be like in a couple of years.

I wonder what 6 tomorow is going to bring....

4 comments:

Cyn said...

6 am with 1 is tough, I'm sure today will feel like a very long day! Hopefully they'll all nap nicely for you.

Nicki said...

Kristian pulls the 'I don't want to go to Chuch' for me - and he is only 2 and a half - it is crazy!

Emily K. said...

My son has started getting up at 6 am too, and I can't get him to go back to sleep. Sometimes I just lay in the bed with him, and nap, before I let him get up. Hope you're doing well. When you're ready for visitors, we would love to get together with you, and the kids.

Marci said...

I would like to promise you that it gets better, but honey, in my experience with Hannah, it doesn't! She STILL gets up at 6 and wants people up with her! And she is turning 7 in two weeks. I love you! Try showing him the things he is allowed to do. With Hannah it worked for a while for her to turn on a certain light and color until someone else got up...good luck!