Monday, February 23, 2009

Cheap chuckles

So this past week has been a really hard one for our family. We started off with Liam getting sick, then Adele and I getting it, and then, low and behold, the twins got it as well. It has been pretty rough since we couldn't figure out if Adele was truly sick or just had a really bad case of acid reflux. Basically, it didn't matter since we were being covered with baby vomit constintly.
Well to lighten the week here is my family funny.

Story #1
We were all at my Mom's this week and talking about a friends dad who died of cancer. Liam is pretty good at listening to all conversations and here is how the conversation went.

Liam "What happened to ------'- dad?
Bree- He died and went to heaven with Heavenly Father.
Liam"why"?
Bree "Because he had cancer"
Liam "What's cancer?"
Bree "It is when you get really, really sick and you don't get better very easily, people die sometimes from cancer"
Liam "Why"
Bree "Because you get too sick"
Liam "Where do you get cancer from- Church?"

This may not be funny to you, but I have 4 very small kids and so we go to the store, we get sick. We go to the library, we get sick. We go to Church and we all get sick. So the usual conversation is as follows: "Yep the kids are sick, probably got it from church again. We always get sick from church and my kids pass it around".

Makes me wonder what else Liam picks up on and I don't catch on.

6 comments:

Cyn said...

You may never know! So funny!

Emily K. said...

My #1 pet peeve is people coming to church sick, and bringing their sick kids. How hard is it to stay home, and get well? I've been there, too. We are in such a small ward now, with hardly any kids, and it has really helped. Plus, all the moms know how much I detest my kids getting sick, so they stay away if they are not healthy.

Eva said...

That's so funny--he's a very smart boy. Oh, and just to you let you know, Brandon and I will hopefully have some cute kid stories and baby vomit stories of our own pretty soon... we just found out that I'm expecting, and due in October! I'll have to keep all your Liam stories in mind for when ours starts asking questions like that. :)

Rebekah said...

That's funny! I went to my friend's husband's funeral yesterday. He died from Melanoma...

Marci said...

That is so funny! maybe he is right! Lets all stop going and see what happens....=-)

Jill said...

Hey Bree! I found you through Marisa and I can't believe your family-so cute and a lot of them. :) I talked to your dad when he was here working awhile ago and he told me a little bit about what you have been up to but it's so much cooler to see pictures.
And yes, church gets us sick too sometimes. :)