Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I am finally ok


So those that know my family know I come from a long list of women that never age past 25. I on the other hand am getting really excited since I turn 30 in October. Here is why.

1. I have graduated from college with a degree that I will be able to use when the time is right for me to go back to work. I love what I do and really enjoy the experiences that I get while I work.

2. I have 4, yes, 4 beautiful kids that make me young. I mean how old can I be when my oldest just turned 4? Not only are they great but they make me realize how boring my life would be without them.

3. I have finally come into my own. I have a huge love for cooking and canning, and I love to see my accomplishments sitting on the shelf ready to use.

4. I have an amazing husband that does more with the kids to help me out than most women I know do with thier own. He is the apple of my eye and I hope to have 60 more years with him. (Although if I live until I am 90, someone shoot me)

5. Last but not least- I am amazing. In the last 30 years I have become a great adult (suprise to those that knew me as a kid), I have began to teach my children the important things in life, I have a successful marriage, wonderful 4 children, great siblings and parents to do things with, and heck it just keeps getting better.

HOORAY FOR 30!

7 comments:

Mindy said...

okay? you're better than okay sweetie! Happy birthday ( to be!) I hope its wonderful!!!

Cyn said...

I absolutely understand where you're coming from! It's hard to complain about an age when you can look back and see so much to be proud of. I'm embracing my 35 years and marveling that I ever managed to have so much in my life!

Fromagette said...

Way to go, Bree!

Emily K. said...

I loved this post, Bree!! I am also reaching my 30 mark next month, and there's a lot to be thankful for. I'm so happy for you. You've come a long way from that girl I met my first year at college. Your family is beautiful, and so are you. I'll give you a call to get together sometime. Maybe next week.

Travis, Natalie & Malia said...

Bree, you are awesome! And you were worried... LOL

Rebekah said...

I love you.

Stacy said...

Great post, Bree! Happy 30th Birthday!!! :O)