Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas 2009

Merry Christmas 2009

Santa showed up with a vengeance this year. He also left nasty sooty footprints all over my house. You can see some soot on the rug right next to the stroller. My kids must have been unusually good this year since they made out like bandits. The girls got baby dolls including twin strollers, and cribs. Liam got a Black and Decker toolbox with a working drill and a project car to work on. Adele got to look at everyone opening their presents with relish.

Santa was so good to the kids that he didn't think about the mental health of the parents. The kids all got recorders, (yes, 3 very loud noise makers). They are not allowed to play them in the house, like that is going to fly, ha!. They also got hand puppets, etch-a-sketches, various food items plus cookies cut outs. I have picked up more food items than I ever thought was possible.

Christmas was amazing in 2009. My in-laws did a really fun 12 days of Christmas complete with a different memory/idea for our family each night of the week. My kids loved getting to open all the gifts and made sure that Dad remembered to let them open them.
Also, my Mom and sister gave the kids Advent Calendars. What a hit! A little bit of chocolate right before bed to ensure sweet dreams. We missed a couple of days in there so the kids had a little extra chocolate to eat on Christmas.


The matching pj's are a family tradition on both sides. Clif's mom gave all the kids jammie pants and my parents gave them the sweet Christmas jammies in the pictures. I don't have pictures of the jammie pants since they are shorts and it was really cold at Christmas this year, no snow though. These pictures were at our house this year. We forgot to bring the camera with us to my sisters and moms, so I am hoping others take pity on us and send us the ones they took.
We spent Christmas eve at my sisters, and Christmas brunch and dinner at my parents. It was so nice to have all the family together. Even Taylor and Melissa were here at the last minute to celebrate with.

Isn't Adele so cute? She turned 1 ten days before Christmas. There must have been something wrong with the camera settings because all of the pictures were so fuzzy that I don't have any of her. I am so sad. So here is a cute picture of her. She loved looking at other's gifts and helping opening them. She got a dinosaur pop up toy, some stacking items, and a pig with a shape sorter. She loved everything she got. But nothing tops the pretty princess ride-along car that my parents gave her. It is the biggest hit of the Christmas season and I have had to put the car into time out more than any other toy. It is crazy how much all the kids love it.


Here are the girls in typical fashion. They have loved their babies until their babies have had enough. They stroll them around the house, put them to bed, "nurse" and feed their babies. Shush anyone that makes too much noise when the babies are sleeping. The twins are turning into cute good little mommies. To accompany the babies, they got "Dixie" puppies with their own carrying bags that bark and move their heads. Myra Jean and Evie have taken their puppies everywhere with them. They have had such a good time caring for their new pets and babies. I have gotten a real kick out of their blooming love for little animals and babies.


Liam got a drill as you can see. He loved his tool shelf. He took the car apart and put it together about a bazillion times. He also got these amazingly cool trio blocks that makes a castle. He loved it and did it with his Dad. I don't have pictures of the finished project because it got broken almost immediately but it is so cool. It comes with a flying dragon and a fireball launcher and a wizard "knight". He also got some school books. I had decided that it was high time that he learn his letters and numbers. I thought they turned out really nice!

All-in-all Christmas was so nice. I need to add that Clif and I did well too. My sister and brother-in-law gave us a GARMIN. It has come in so handy and I love it since I get lost no matter where I go. My parents have promised us all a trip this next January without kids so we are starting to plan for it. I am so excited. I have never had a day without the kids, so a trip without them sounds so exciting. WOO HOO!
Hope this finds everyone in good spirits this year and a Merry Christmas to all!

1 comment:

Cyn said...

Wow, what a great Christmas. These are the first Christmas pictures I have seen. Good luck getting some more.