Monday, March 22, 2010

Dr escapades

So I had a Dr. appointment and my Mom was so kind to watch the kids while I went. I thought that I had it planned out perfectly. The kids would sleep while I went to the Dr.s and my Mom would just need to make sure they stayed in bed and didn't burn the house down. I had a check list going:
Speech therapy- check
Lunch and clean up- check
Kids potty before bed- check
Adele changed and put into bed- check........
Chase Evie out of the bathroom, again- check.
My kids refuse to stay out of the bathroom, Evie and MyraJean is the worst about it. So I had had it with chasing her out of the bathroom. Evie had been going potty when she got distracted with the sink and was playing in the water with a bare bum. As a good mom, I pinched it and told her to get out of the bathroom, Mimi was going to be here any moment and I needed her to go to bed.
MyraJean went out the front door to throw a dirty diaper outside. When she went out there, my Mom pulled up. MyraJean went to my Mom panicked, "Mimi, Evie needs you, she needs you!" Evie must have also seen my mom outside and she ran down the sidewalk pulled down her pants and showed my Mom her bum crying, "Mom did it". So I got told on, it was pretty funny. Evie doesn't need to worry, she has a great advocate in her little sister.

It must has been traumatic for Evie. She had to go to the bathroom again after I left. She started to cry and said "Mom...". My Mom calmly told her that I was gone to the Dr. to get medicine. Evie started to laugh and said "Mom get a shot in her bum." I thought it was pretty funny, maybe a little vindictive but really funny.

Liam has been a little worried about all the different Dr. appointments that I have had for the last couple of weeks. I told him that I was getting different medicine so I wasn't so cranky and mad all the time and that I wouldn't yell so much. He said, "That would be really good, Mom"

1 comment:

Emily K. said...

Hope you're doing okay! Give me some of that happy medicine too, won't ya? That's a good idea. I pinched Taylee's bum the other day and she cried. Rohne just laughs when I do it. Funny kids. Let's get together soon.