Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Who kidnapped Liam?


Liam started school today. Half day Kindergarten, that is. I am so not ready for this. We have been working for this day for so long and it came way too soon. So we have been explaining what was going to happen at school. But I have been so worried, especially since we decided that he should ride the bus. I was so expecting for him to bawl and cry and to at least make a little scene. He was so good about getting on the bus, just waved and smiled at me. Then I met him at the school and we walked to his class room together. He didn't even cry, he was a little nervous but that was all. I was the one that was getting all choked up (even now). When did he get so big? Who kidnapped my little boy and gave me this beautiful brave kid setting out to conqueror the world?

Here he is after riding the bus all by himself to school. So far he looks happy? Crazy!
Here he is all ready to go with his jacket and backpack.


Don't focus on me, just on Liam and his cute smile!

Here he is with Clif, I don't know who was more goofy! Here he is after school. Take a guess on how it went? He hasn't stopped talking about it since he got off the bus. He was tickled with school. He ate ginger bread cookies for a snack (he even brought me a bit home), drew a couple of pictures, and made some new friends. The best part is he (according to him) is bringing show and tell on Friday and he has already started to stuff his paper bag with items. I am just amazed on how much he has grown.

4 comments:

Naomi said...

Wow. You have a kid in school Bree!

Haylee said...

Aww...so glad he loved it!

Gerritt and Melissa said...

Holy cow! I can't believe Liam is in school! Glad his first day went well.

Emily K. said...

Congrats on the new Kindergartener! He is so cute! It was harder than I thought it would be too, until I saw how much Tay loved it, and I was relieved. It's just hard!