Monday, December 6, 2010

Funny stories before I forget

This is a collection of stories that I have been trying to remember to blog, life has been busy, so sue me.

Story 1: MyraJean came and told me Liam was getting into stuff he wasn't supposed to get into. I got after him and this is what I heard.
Liam to MyraJean "You have a BIG mouth".
(Funny to anyone knows him, since he has no control of the amount of words that come out of his mouth)

Story 2: Liam came up to Clif and I after church and was talking about some old teachers in Primary class. Now for the background, church would not be complete without Liam asking Clif if he was going home teaching that Sunday. Liam looks forward to the Sunday Clif needs to take Liam with him as a companion.
So Liam gets into the car and asks if Clif is going home teaching. Clif says no. Liam proceeds to tell Clif about these Sunday school teachers that he once visited (One of Clif's families are a couple that teach in the primary). I am trying to listen really closely because he gets hard to understand when he talks fast. But he kept telling Clif that he tried to ask this couple if they were going to be home for home teaching. They didn't understand him and so he told them he would get Clif to call and explain our schedule. Basically my 5 year old was trying to set up his dad's home teaching appointment, since Clif was not doing it quick enough. It was really funny.

Story 3: Liam was in my bedroom last week watching TV when I was trying to get kids down for a nap. It was really quiet and I started to panic. So I hollered at him about what he was doing. He said he was watching someone talking to God on TV. Obviously I was seriously confused and concerned and rushed back to my room. He had changed the channel to 77 and was watching a TV Preacher. I explained that the preacher wasn't really talking to God and we didn't watch those shows. He got confused and I told him the only people that really talked to God on TV was President Monson. He got wise and said "Oh so he just thinks he is talking to God and it is all in his head ?" What else could I say but "Yep". Glad to have cleared that up.

Story 4: Liam was at his friends house the other day. His friend didn't want to wear his shoes with socks. They were going outside to play with snow and my friend Kathy heard Liam say to his friend "Well if you get cold and you won't wear socks, then don't come to me whining and crying when your feet get cold." Wonder where he got that?

Story 5: Last night I was taking what I felt was a very much needed hot bath. My bathtub is really old (like 70 years) and has no insulation around it. So I fill it a little bit, like less than an inch in the bottom, with the hottest water, let it cool down and then let it out. I then redo the process. I know it sounds crazy but I need a hot bath occasionally, like 3 times a week.
I was irritating Clif and so as a joke, Clif went down to the basement and turned off the hot water. I yelled that he wasn't funny and you could hear him laughing all the way upstairs. Well Liam had come into the bathroom to see what the fuss was about. I told him that his Dad was not funny and played a joke by turning off the hot water. Liam very serious said " What do you mean it isn't funny, Dad is laughing". Touche.

I am sure there are more, but I can't remember. I am lucky that I could remember these.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

I laughed & laughed!! I miss you and your hilarious kids!!