Sunday, July 10, 2011

Liam isn't 5 anymore!

Liam had an awesome birthday this year. I was worried that he wouldn't feel like he got a good birthday since his friends and cousins live so far away that I took matters into my own hands. I called Liam's great buddy Maya and asked if she would be able to spend some time with him so that he didn't have to take a nap on his birthday. Her mom was absolutely amazing and offered to take him to Chuckie Cheese for lunch with Maya. Of coerce I took her up on the offer but I didn't say anything to him about going. I wanted him to be able to go and I thought that if he knew before hand he might get too excited and not be able to handle it.

So at dinner on Wednesday, we asked him what he wanted for dinner for his birthday. He said he wanted to go to Chuckie Cheese. I told him he couldn't go, and he had to pick something else. He very sadly said "Well, I guess I will JUST have chicken nuggets and french fries, but I really wanted Chuckie Cheese". I just ducked my head and smiled. I don't get many situations to surprise him and so it was really fun.

The next day, Liam had bacon waffles for his birthday breakfast. Then I told him to go play. A little while later he came up and asked if we were going anywhere for his birthday. Nope, we weren't and he was so upset. At 10:45 I told him to change his shirt and get his shoes. He asked if we were going to pick strawberries, which is the other thing he wanted to eat on his birthday. I just told him to hurry up.

When Maya and her mom, Malia came to the door, Liam was really confused. He kept asking if he was going to pick strawberries and I told Malia that he had no idea where he was going. She smiled and took him with her.... Three hours later, Liam came home with a giant smile and prizes. He had a great time.

We then had chicken nuggets and french fries for dinner. I had made a pirate ship for his cake and Liam was so excited that he got all his toy pirates and put them on top of the cake. We also made pirate shrink idinks.

Lastly Liam got to open his presents. He got 2 Lego sets, a movie, a shirt, books, and lastly a Transformer helmet. He had an awesome birthday. We are very pleased with him. He is such a big help and always wants to give loves and is very sensitive. He is still into Lego's, and pirates. He loves to play war and to play with swords and guns. He is so funny and very smart, he makes us laugh and sometimes cry. We are very blessed to have him in our family.



The pirate cake with pirate gold around it. The candles ended up being the canons and Liam loved blowing them out.

Our very fancy dinner of chicken nuggets and french fries.

Liam opening his gifts and his Transformer helmet. Watch out, I think we have another obsession coming...

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

cute cake!

Cyn said...

Happy Happy Birthday Liam!
The cake is adorable!!

Mynamyn said...

Love to Liam for his birthday! Can you believe our little boys are getting so big? Just a year and a half until they're baptized!

Your cake looks beautiful, and I know, as a child of a family of 5, individual attention on your birthday is the best present you can get. These kids are lucky to have you as a mom!