Sunday, October 30, 2011

New Lace pieces

This is the latest Torchon piece that I have completed. I am putting a white contrasting linen in the middle and putting it on my Great Grandmother's sewing table. I think it turned out really nicely. I am getting a little faster so this was fun and I think there were less inaccurate stitches.


This is a new style of bobbin lace. It is called Bedfordshire lace and the pattern is Ninepin and it is fairly difficult. It has plaits and picots (the little loops on the outside) and a windmill stitch that I have never encountered. By the end of the piece I gained an understanding of those concepts but there was a bit of anger and frustration at the beginning, I have never tried to make this before so I think that is came out nicely but I have a lot of practice to do. My Mom got me some new patterns so I am really excited to work some more and increase my skills.



No comments: