Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

This year we went to a new pumpkin patch, well because we live in California now. This patch was almost a carnival, there was so much for the kids to do. We were only there for the pumpkins and boy there were pumpkins.
When we got there the kids were so excited. I made everyone stop and take a picture in front of the sign. Clif was pretty tiffed but I thought the kids made quite the picture.
So instead of going into the field to pick the pumpkin, they have them already lined up for you to pick out. The kids were running and jumping all over the pumpkins. Liam picked up every other one saying that it was his. I made him get one that he could pick up by himself. Hence the mildly reasonable sized pumpkin.
I just thought this was a cute picture of everyone.

In years past, I haven't let the kids actually make jack o lanterns. This year I was told that they needed to make jack o lanterns. I let Clif be in charge of it. It was so good. He did a great job and the kids loved it. Liam was so excited to actually carve his and put the light in it.

Here's the kids with the finished products. Adele spilled the matches and it was quite a struggle to get her to look at the camera not picking up the matches.

No comments: