Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving






I know that this post is a long time coming but I haven't seemed to get it together to blog. I have now started to get it together. Thanksgiving was good. I had hernia surgery the week before and my Mom thankfully came out to take care of me. I didn't realize it until she was here, but I really needed her here.

So I had the surgery and then I slept for about a week. My Mom left for Indiana on Tuesday and we had Thanksgiving with just the family. We still made everything, Turkey, stuffing, potatoes, rolls, and green beans. Clif made an apple pie and a pumpkin pie. I loved it. We just spent all weekend eating, and eating, and eating. We were more stuffed than our turkey was by the end of the weekend.

That morning while I got the turkey ready, Clif went and played foot ball with the ward. He had a great time and was really nasty by the time he got home. He wasn't supposed to play tackle ball but he got tackled and then tackled everyone else. I think he was the player that everyone wanted to take out before he got too good. He loved it. Clif was sore for the next few days but he had so much fun.

The rest of Thanksgiving was a weekend of playing outside and just hanging out. I love weekends like this.

No comments: