Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The tortured artist

The other day, Adele came upstairs from her Sunday nap. She had obviously spent the whole nap coloring with a hot pink marker because she was half pink. The conversation went like this.


Mom "Adele, what is that all over your face? Pink marker?"

Adele "No"

Mom "Then what is it?"

Adele "No marker"

Mom "Adele, I can see it everywhere, it is a pink marker. Do you want me to show you?

Adele "Not pink marker, NOOOO. Pink makeup"

Needless to say I cleaned pink marker off everything in her room that night and cursed the day that I allowed my kids to do crafts. I thought the small lecture that I also gave her might cause her to think of her actions at nap time, but alas, in one ear and out the other. This is how I found Adele a couple of days later. She has moved on from semi permanat tatooing her body to facial jewelry. Seems like a painful progression.

No comments: