Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Passed on to our family

Yes I love this kid, but dude.. some days. In our house we put up with a lot of girls. I mean Liam will be the only boy in 5 girls. You think he puts up with us? Yeah, maybe sometimes.

At dinner the other night, we had honey mustard chicken, butternut squash, peas, and carrots. The chicken is served over rice and Liam has started to veto rice. Yep, you guessed it, I don't care. You can't veto a staple food, your going to be unhappy if you decide you don't eat rice and you are going to be hungry too. My parents were coming for dinner so I made something that I could share with them. Liam was mildly upset about the rice, pretty irritated that he got shunted to the kid table in the kitchen away from the adults. I have to remind you that we don't have a huge table so it doesn't fit a whole lot of people other than my current family and we are squished.
All of a sudden we heard hysterical screaming and crying from the kid table. Liam was screaming and the girls were laughing. Liam came in from the kitchen saying "The girls are torturing me, they are eating all my peas". I have to laugh, we all laughed. It was really funny. I had to give him for peas... the girls still kept eating them. Maybe he should eat more and complain less.

No comments: